Real Estate Transactions
When involved in a real estate transaction, such as buying, selling, or renting a property, it is vital to have a thorough understanding of your rights and obligations, which can avoid any future problems. At our law firm, our Monroe real estate transaction lawyers provide a wide range of real estate services to individuals, businesses, and business owners, dedicated to helping you understand your legal rights and avoiding future problems involved in your agreements.
Before signing your next lease, contract to buy or sell, or other real estate documents, give us a call. We can help make sure your rights are protected.
How Our Monroe, NC Real Estate Lawyers Can Help
Our dedicated attorneys in Monroe have the skill and legal knowledge necessary to facilitate real estate matters including:
- Residential Closings. We can make sure that all paperwork is in order and all contingencies have been met. If something goes wrong, we will make sure you understand your options, including whether or not to go through with the closing. Often, but not always, one attorney can handle the transaction for both buyer and seller.
- Commercial Closings. These are not the same as residential closings, and you need an attorney who understands the differences. Unlike in a residential closing, one attorney cannot represent both the buyer and seller in a commercial closing.
- Contracts. A proper real estate contract should protect you in the event of contingencies that might make a deal fall through. Too many buyers and sellers neglect the contract, using only a form contract that does not provide adequate protection. When issues pop up, many people are left with few options.
- Deeds. We can draft the deed so that everything is in order and you take the property in your preferred manner, with the proper description of the property.
- Homeowners’ Associations (HOAs). Disputes break out constantly between homeowners and their HOAs. You should understand your rights in the event the HOA wants to prevent you from renovating your home or they assess charges or fees not previously agreed to.
- Leases. Leases are every bit as important as contracts. Protect yourself by making sure you fully understand your rights and obligations under the lease. If a landlord violates the terms, then tenants have options. Commercial leases operate under a different set of standards than residential leases, and both tenants and landlords need to understand these differences and protect themselves accordingly.
- Real Estate/Title Litigation. Heading to court is never ideal but is sometimes unavoidable. You need an experienced advocate who knows their way around a courtroom. We can handle your real estate and title litigation.
- Title Searches. Problems with the title can quickly sink a real estate transaction. Any closing that involves a lender will require a title search. Does the seller even have the title to transfer? If there is confusion or doubt, our clients need to know that before they go through with the deal. We can also help sellers clear up any cloud on a title to make a sale go more smoothly.
We handle these and other real estate issues in Monore. If you have any questions, contact us today to find out more.
Our Monroe, NC real estate attorneys at Perry, Bundy, Plyler & Long, LLP stand out from the pack thanks to our breadth of experience and our depth of expertise.
Whereas some attorneys handle only one or two closings a year, real estate has been a core component of our practice for decades. We can often save clients money by streamlining the buying or selling process and heading off litigation before it has even started.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Perry, Bundy, Plyler & Long, LLP, is a leading real estate law firm in Monroe, NC. We have helped countless clients with their real estate issues and have a long list of satisfied clients. Real estate disputes can often be avoided if parties properly protect their rights in the governing legal documents, so schedule consultation where you can meet with a member of our team. Contact us today.
Call today! 704-289-2519
From our Monroe office, we proudly assist people in need of help with real estate law matters. We zealously help the people of Union, Anson, and Stanly Counties including but not limited to Waxhaw, Wesley Chapel, Indian Trail, Weddington, Unionville, Mineral Springs, Lake Park, Stallings, Hemby Bridge, and Wingate.
With over 110 years of combined legal experience, you can trust your case with us.
Business LawLearn More
A business requires legal representation from beginning to end. A smart business owner realizes the significance of realistic and educated experience when dealing with every aspect of business law.
Civil LitigationLearn More
Our North Carolina civil litigation attorneys are strong and effective advocates for our clients. We have deep experience handling complex civil matters - representing individuals, families, companies, property owners, and other entities.
Family LawLearn More
Instead of hiring someone who does family law on the side, look for an attorney with substantial experience in this area. To help you identify whether we are the right lawyer for you...
Personal Injury / Wrongful DeathLearn More
Personal Injury / Wrongful Death
When you or a loved one are injured or a loved one is killed due to the negligence of another individual, you may be facing tremendous financial burdens due to medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses.
Social Security DisabilityLearn More
Social Security Disability
If you are unable to work because of a physical or mental impairment, you may be entitled to receive social security disability benefits. The process of obtaining social security disability benefits can be complex, time consuming and frustrating...
Estate PlanningLearn More
The last will and testament is one of the most important documents in estate planning. A will allows the person making the will (the testator) to name recipients of his or her property, to explain how property...
Probate and Estate AdministrationLearn More
Probate and Estate Administration
When a loved one passes away, their assets and debts must be dealt with according to law. The person who handles the Estate Administration (an administrator if the deceased died without a will...
Criminal LawLearn More
Anytime a person has been charged with a crime, it is a stressful situation. The criminal defense attorneys at Perry, Bundy, Plyler & Long, L.L.P. will provide counsel during this stressful time...
Traffic TicketsLearn More
Your first instinct might be to quickly pay the ticket and suffer the points added to your driving record. After all, traffic ticket lawyers charge for their services, and you may think it’ll cost more to hire one to fight your ticket than to simply admit guilt.
Real EstateLearn More
When involved in a real estate transaction, such as buying, selling or renting property, it is vital to have a thorough understanding of your rights and obligations, which can avoid any future problems...