Richard G. Long, Jr.
Richard G. Long, Jr. grew up in Roxboro, North Carolina. He moved to Union County in 1982 after graduating from Wake Forest Law School. He began a general practice consisting of various areas of law, including criminal, corporate, real estate and family law. In 1995 Richard merged his practice with Perry and Bundy and became a general partner of Perry, Bundy, Plyler and Long, L.L.P.
Richard has narrowed his practice to include family law, residential real estate and corporate law. However, the primary portion of his practice is dedicated to family law.
Richard is a certified NCDRC Family Financial Mediator (2001) and a Board Certified Specialist in Family Law (2007). This certification has a membership of less than 200 attorneys (2011) in the state of North Carolina. Richard is active in his community and his church. He enjoys spending time with his wife, Susan, and their three children.
- North Carolina 1982
- Wake Forest University, J.D. 1982
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A. 1979
- Major: Political Science
- Dean’s List
- N.C. Bar Association (Family Law and Real Estate Section)
- Union County Bar Association (Past President)
- 20th Judicial District (Past President)
- Red Cross Board of Directors
- Union Diversified Industries
- Wells Fargo Local Advisory Board